Mission & Values
Ensuring access to care for those living with a life-limiting illness
through our commitment to Caring. Living. Healing.
Creating a supportive and productive work environment is important to us. At Valley Hospice, we strive to create a culture that encourages honest dialogue, respect for the feelings, values and cultures of others, teamwork and a commitment to our mission. Our goal is to create a harmonious work environment by adhering to our values stated below.
- Support and encourage my teammates throughout the organization.
- Provide positive, constructive feedback.
- Consistently “manage up” co-workers.
- Celebrate success – look for the good and share it.
- Be a role model.
- Communicate with respect and professionalism to create a safe environment in which open dialogue can take place.
- Be reliable, allowing others to place their trust in me.
- Do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Respect all individuals through acknowledgment, acceptance, and courtesy.
- Walk my talk.
- Refrain from gossip.
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to change.
- Be knowledgeable about my job responsibilities and the organization.
- Seek self-development - Utilize tools that are provided to grow personally and professionally.
- Take responsibility for my actions; be willing to take both credit and critique.
- Conduct myself as a professional at all times by performing my job competently and ethically (i.e, maintaining confidentiality, maintaining boundaries, making eye contact, dressing professionally, using professional demeanor).
- Recognize I am a reflection of Valley Hospice.
- Be on time.
- Set and achieve goals.
- Recognize the spirituality inherent in each individual without judgement.
- Be open and respectful to each individual’s spiritual beliefs.
- Meet patients and families where they are and don’t project your spiritual beliefs on others.
- Be attentive to your own spiritual needs, as you perceive them.
- Live your spirituality in acts of compassion and service in the workplace.
- Build one another up and encourage your coworkers in times of distress, personal crisis, and spiritual need.
- Recognize the value of each person and accept that value without judgment.
- Be good stewards of time, money and all resources entrusted to me.
- Offer hope, compassion and empathy to coworkers and those we serve.
- Know our mission and apply it to my work every day.
- Focus my physical, emotional, and spiritual energy in order to fulfill our mission.
- Take pride and ownership in my performance each day.
- Build professional relationships
- Inspire and Motivate others.
- Consistently ‘manage up’ Valley Hospice.
- Appreciate the efforts of others.
- Support the communities in which I serve.
Board of Trustees
Licensure & Accrediation
Ohio & West Virginia